New Address: 25205 Harrison Street, Waterloo, NE 68069
The Omaha Metro's Largest Tubing, Kayaking, and Camping Facility
Tubing & Adventures is Omaha Metro's first and largest tubing outfitter located on the Elkhorn River in Omaha, Nebraska. Tubing & Adventures, T&A for short, provides a fun day on the river while focusing on safety and keeping the river as clean as possible. We proudly own a 54 acre property in Sarpy County, on the edge of western Omaha, and offer multiple services that focus around river activities and camping. Tubing & Adventures was featured in the 2016 Olympic Swim Trials brochure as being one of the top 10 fun things to do in Omaha.
Why Choose Us?
1. One Stop Shop: We are the only outfitter that does tubing, kayaking, and camping. So you reserve with 1 person, and you communicate with one person. It makes things a LOT easier when you don't have to make multiple reservations.
2. Experience: We have been in business since 2009, which is long before any other tubing outfitter. Some of our staff have been with us for 8+ years. We are very experienced, organized, and friendly.
3. Safety: We go above and beyond when it comes to safety. We work closely with the with Waterloo Fire & Rescue and the NRD. All staff are trained in CPR. We give safety speeches, oars to help paddle, etc. Our float has multiple places to get out in case of emergencies. Even our tubes are bright yellow so airboats passing by can see them clearly.
4. Do your research: Compare websites, facebook customer reviews, etc. Feel free to reach out to Waterloo Fire & Rescue, NRD, or NE Game & Parks on who they would recommend.
5. Family: We have built a family atmosphere, from the staff, RV campers, to the customers. Welcome to the T&A Family.
T&A currently offers river activities which include tubing and kayaking along with beautiful riverfront camping. We have teamed up with The Neighborhood Offshore, specializing in Stand Up Paddleboards and Yoga Classes, to add to our services. As for camping, we currently offer several different tent camping options, and we are working on developing RV sites. At this time, we only have primitive RV camping but are designing our infrastructure to have full hook-up sites in the near future. Day Passes are available to come visit us and spend the day on the property if you don't want to tube or kayak.
The River Adventures
The river adventures include tubing and kayaking down a scenic 6 mile float of the Elkhorn River. This stretch of the river is generally straight without any dangerous curves that tend to collect debris. On your river float you will experience Omaha like you have never seen before. You will float past huge dirt cliffs along with tall beautiful rock walls, and you most likely will observe some wildlife. The river adventure will give you all the proper equipment and knowledge to safely travel down the river. We have several buses to transport you upstream to the drop-off location and begin your adventure. And while you wait for the bus, we have an outdoor game area for people to play a variety of games. We are the most organized outfitter and take pride in our communication during the process. We make it as simple as we can for you to enjoy your day with us.
The Camping Adventures
Our privately owned 54 acre property has plenty of room for parking, tent camping, RV camping, hiking, biking, fishing, exploring, etc. T&A offers several different camping amenities, which includes outdoor game area, portable restrooms, rinse-off showers, foot-rinse stations, and a small convenient store. There are 2 stocked fishing ponds available to our guests, and there are plenty of fish in the river as well. Fishing licenses should be obtained (Scheels, Canfields, NE Game & Parks Website) prior to fishing on our property. As we grow, we will be adding more amenities to help make your experience even better.
Safety is our number one priority. We go above and beyond when it comes to safety. We provide the required life jackets for your float, but we also educate all of our guests before we begin the river adventure to help guests understand the possible dangers of floating on the river. We work closely with the NRD and the Waterloo Fire & Rescue to make sure river conditions are suitable. Our staff is CPR Certified. All T&A tubes and kayaks have an emergency number listed on them, so just give us a call if you have an issue on the river, and we will do what we can to help out. We also follow all DOT regulations with our buses to make sure they are inspected and in safe working order.
Whether you want to float the river on a tube, get a good workout in on a kayak, or perhaps spend the weekend camping in a beautiful spot along the edge of the river with a bonfire, Tubing & Adventures is the perfect solution. It is ideal for birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, family reunions, company outings, a Boy Scout or Girl Scout river event, or just a group of friends that want to get together for a fun day. We have groups as large as 150 people and as small as 1 person from ages 8 all the way up to 80. Many of our guests are from the Omaha area, however we do get a lot of guests from out of town, including guests from Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, and all across Nebraska.